Welcome to our college.
De La Salle Catholic College Cronulla seeks to provide an environment that perpetuates the work and charism of St John Baptist De La Salle. The college achieves its mission by providing programs that challenge students to do their best in an environment of strong pastoral care.
With God as Leader,
Mr Stephen Mahoney
De La Salle Catholic College Cronulla is a co-educational senior secondary Catholic school in the Archdiocese of Sydney. The college community lives the charism of founder, St. John Baptist De La Salle. We have an approximate student population of 500 and staff of 50. A small number of De La Salle Brothers live adjacent to the college and work in various roles in the day-to-day operation of the school.
De La Salle Catholic College Cronulla is a contemporary senior college:
- Educating students in the teachings of Jesus Christ to foster their faith in God.
- Instilling in students a sense of community and service for justice in the world in the tradition of St John Baptist De La Salle.
- Developing the whole person and equipping them with the skills to be lifelong learners.
De La Salle Catholic College Cronulla is a school:
- Where Gospel values are the foundation for our decisions and actions.
- Where personal and spiritual growth of our community is developed through Catholic social teaching in the tradition of St John Baptist De La Salle.
- That nurtures students’ love of learning within a contemporary, inclusive curriculum. Where students are supported to strive for academic excellence to achieve personal best.
- That provides a safe and supportive learning environment that centres on the wellbeing of all.
- Where students are encouraged to look beyond their own individual context to pursue social justice and leadership initiatives.
We celebrate all significant moments in out college calendar with liturgy, prayer and celebration and it is the expectation that all members actively participate.
Our major liturgies mark the opening of the school year and it is here we acknowledge the academic achievements of students from the previous HSC cohort. We celebrate Founder’s Day with a liturgy honouring St John Baptist De La Salle and the brothers of the college.
The graduation Mass marks the end of students’ time at the college and is a very special time for graduates and their families. We conclude the year with a Mass of Thanksgiving and award Year 11 students with their preliminary certificates.
On a smaller scale religion classes have the opportunity to celebrate Mass on a less formal basis in the classroom. Students play an important role in the choir, readings, the formal processions or organisation. As a community all participate as active members of the gathered assembly.
For more information, visit the St Aloysius Parish website.
Proudly Part of the Community of Sydney Catholic Schools
Our school is part of a system of over 150 low-fee Catholic schools in the Sydney Archdiocese.
Sydney Catholic Schools are thriving Catholic communities that ignite a love of Christ through excellent teaching and learning to empower students to reach their full potential.